All right, people. We’re back with a weekly roundup. I don’t think it’s been a week of a lot of news, but rather some big news. But like I said last time, I don’t plan this in advance, so we’ll see how it goes.
- The big news is that Avatar: The Last Airbender‘s co-creators have left Netflix’s live-action remake. Fans are super nervous about this news, and there are a lot of rumors regarding the split. If it’s true that Netflix is trying to make a grittier Avatar, odds are it won’t have the same spirit as the original. We’ll have to see.
- The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is getting a reboot as a drama.
- Fortnite is suing Apple over the removal of its app from the App Store. This is a bit of a complicated issue that basically boils down to Fornite (along with a bunch of people, actually) being mad that Apple takes such a heavy cut from app sales. This is definitely a lawsuit to watch.
- AMC is trying to get butts in the seat by offering 15 cent prices on opening day. We really hope it doesn’t work. Seriously. Please don’t go to the movies.
- Stephanie Meyer has two more Twilight books planned, and I have no idea how I feel about this. It doesn’t sound like she’s planning on immediately publishing yet, though. She seems to be interested in other projects first.
What do you think? Are you going to watch the Avatar remake? Are you going to read any Stephanie Meyer? Let us know in the comments! And as always, let us know if we missed anything!